The aim of the project
is to attract as many young Russian-speaking people as possible, who do not currently participate regularly in Jewish activities, to its joint communal and educational activities and thus to develop their feeling of identity, both with the Jewish people and with the State of IsraelInitiatives
1. New projects especially designed for young Russian-speaking Jews (mostly in the 17-45 age cohort) who rarely participate in Jewish or Israeli events. It is possible to create a group of project for participants with different backgrounds.
2. Adaptations of existing community projects for Russian-speaking audiences.
3. Continuation or updating of a successful project that was not concluded or was terminated for various reasons.
Support will not be given to existing projects that are already funded even if only partially.Possible Subjects
- Community – networking, creating and developing community activists and leadership groups.
- Jewish world - literature, poetry, theater, music, customs, traditions, rituals, history, philosophy, Jewish and Israeli texts, ethics, general culture, study of Diaspora and Jewish communities from both the local and global perspective
- The State of Israel: history, politics, culture, archeology, economics, sociology, demography, etc.
- The concept of Tikun Olam - imparting core Jewish values through activities on behalf of weaker or more deprived elements of society.
Ongoing projects, with a certain frequency (once a week/once a month once a quarter, etc.) with a regular core participation at least 30 people in addition to other participants.